- All participants must be registered with CYS
- On-going enrollment for most classes (New students may need to wait for open enrollment)
- Currently enrolled SKIES students will be automatically re-enrolled into the next session for most classes to retain their space. Payment for the session must be made before the first day of class.
- Classes will be filled on a first paid basis.
- SKIES Unlimited Contractors
Have you ever wanted to make a difference in someone's life by sharing your passion with our Fort Leonard Wood youth? Now you can!
SKIES Unlimited is seeking new contractors in:
- School of Arts, Recreation, and Leisure
- School of Sports, Fitness, and Health
- School of Life Skills, Citizenship, and Leadership
- School of Academic Skills, Mentoring, and Intervention
- Foreign Languages
- Sign Language
- Film Production
- 2D and 3D Art
These are professional contract positions where instructors bid for services. Instructors must be at least 18 years old. Open to the public.
Fee Payment Policy:
According to CYS Services fee policy, tuition for SKIES instructional classes are to be collected before the first class of the month. Payments can be made over the phone or in person at any CYS Services facility. If payment is not received by your child's second scheduled class of the month and no arrangements have been made, we will be forced to implement the garnishment process. Your child will also be dropped from the class.
Must be registered with Child & Youth Services. Tuition is due before the first class of the month. Payments can be made at any CYS Facility and over the phone at +1 (573)596-0120 or +1 (573)596-0238.
Classes are not held on Federal Holidays. During inclement weather, we follow the Waynesville School District's closure policy. If we are closed due to inclement weather, there will be make-up classes. To withdraw from our program, a two-week notice is required.
- Girls - leotards, bare feet, no tights, long hair pulled back and cover-ups to and from class
- Boys - workout pants, tee shirt and bare feet
Dance instruction is offered through the School of Performing Arts, based out of Lebanon, MO. Classes are for youth ages 3-18 years old.
Classes are held once a week on Thursdays. Cost is $55 per person.
- Dance 1 (ages 3-4) - 3:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m.
- Dance 2 (ages 5-7) - 4:30 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.
- Dance 3 (ages 8 & up) - 5:30 p.m. to 6:20 p.m.
- Hip-Hop (ages 6 & up) - 6:30 p.m. to 7:20 p.m.
- Martial Arts
Benefits of Taekwondo:
Martial Arts Price / month Tiny Tigers, ages 4-5 (once weekly) $50 Belt Levels, ages 5-18 (twice weekly) $75 Starter kit (instructional video, uniform, belts & patches) $89 1 t-shirt $15 2 t-shirts $25 Testing (every 8 weeks) $60 Tournament $35
- Tiny Tigers (4 - 5 years) - offers children a strong foundation in life and motor skills to enhance their ability to pay attention and follow directions. All classes are taught using the most safe, fun and exciting instruction methods.
- Taekwondo (6 & up) - students are trained to the the best of their ability. Offers fitness and flexibility.
- Black Belt Club - exciting workout that offers training in sparring, alternative martial arts skills and self-defense.
- Horseback Riding
Horseback Riding Lessons will be held Monday - Saturday at the Fort Leonard Wood Horse Stables. Lessons will be held from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saddle Club (30 minutes) Price 1 lesson $25 4 lessons $92 10 lessons $200 Rider's Club (60 minutes) Price 1 lesson $40 4 lessons $140 10 lessons $300 Private Lessons (90 minutes) Price 1 lesson $45 4 lessons $175
Open to ages 3-18 years old. Youth must be registered with Child & Youth Services. Tuition is due before the first class of the month. Payments can be made at any CYS facility and over the phone.
- Baton Twirling
Baton Twirling Lessons are available for youth ages 3-18 years old. Lessons will be held on Tuesdays at CDC 614 from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Lesson Price Preschool, ages 3-5 $30 Baton 1, ages 6-8 $35 Baton 2, ages 9-13 $35 Baton 3, ages 13-18 $35
- Lego Robotics
Begins May 1, 2019.
Lego Robotics will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at CDC 614 from 5:45 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. each day. Cost is $65 per person.
Tuesdays - Lego 1 (ages 5-8)
- Lego 1 uses building elements that motivate students to collaborate, build, problem-solve, and explore, all while deepening their STEM learning and developing 21st-century skills.
Thursdays - Lego 2 (ages 9-14)
- Lego 2 engages students by providing the resources to design, build, and program their creations while helping them develop essential skills such as creativity, critical thinking, collaboration, and communication.
- Absences, inclement weather & withdrawals
- We follow the Waynesville School District for cancellations due to inclement weather.
- If you have sick children (flu, fever, etc.), keep them home.
- Dropping, changing or joining a class must be done through CYS Services.
- Classes will not be held on Federal Holidays.
- Classes are subject to change based on enrollment.
- HIRED! Workforce Preparation Program
HIRED! helps teens 15-18 years of age prepare for entering the workforce and explore career opportunities. Youth experience working and participating in workforce-preparation and post-secondary education exploration classes. Registration for HIRED! is through the Youth Program.
* Available at select communities.
- EDGE Program
Out-of-School Time Learning Opportunities - EDGE!*
Program Description Art EDGE! Promotes learning by-doing and focuses on the development of lifetime skills through exposure to the arts. Art EDGE! activities increase creative development while building self-esteem Fit EDGE! Educates and encourage children and youth to incorporate a healthier lifestyle through physical activity and nutritional awareness programs Life EDGE! Imparts upon children and youth skills needed for life-long growth as well as the exploration of future career fields Adventure EDGE! Encourages children and youth to embrace the outdoors and nature while being exposed to activities that stimulate relaxation
Use WebTrac to search for, enroll, and pay for programs, or visit Parent Central Services. All participants must be registered with Parent Central Services.
*Available at select communities.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.|
Extracurricular Instructional Classes
For children 3 to 18 years of age
SKIES Unlimited stands for “School of Knowledge, Inspiration, Exploration and Skills” with the word “Unlimited” for the unlimited possibilities that this program provides children and youth:
Children and Youth that are currently registered in CYS may be able to enroll for some of the SKIES classes using WebTrac.
* Available at select communities