Date: Feb 15 2020, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Pre-course session on February 7 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (must pass to continue class). Class dates: February 8, 9, 15, 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Candidates must swim 300 yards continuously, using strokes in the following order: 100 yards of front crawl using rhythmic breathing and stabilization, flutter kick, 100 yards of breaststroke using a pull and breath, kick and glide sequence, 100 yards of either front crawl or breaststroke, or a combination, surface dive to a depth of 10-14 feet, retrieve an object, return to surface and swim on their back, back to the start point, and exit water onto top of pool deck within 1 minute / 40 seconds without goggles, continuously tread water in an upright vertical position keeping head above water using only legs for 2 minutes.
All classes will be conducted based off the American Red Cross Standards. There is a minimum of 4 students and a max of 15. Must attend all classes for certification.
Open to the public ages 15 and up.
If class has low attendence, we will move candidate to the next scheduled class date.
- Class 2: Pretest: March 6. Class dates: March 6, 7, 8, 14, 15. Registration: January 20 - March 4.
- Class 3: Pretest: April 3. Class dates: April 3, 4, 5, 11, 12. Registration: January 20 - April 1.
- Class 4: Pretest: April 17. Class dates: April 17, 18, 19, 25, 26. Registration: January 20 - April 15.
- $225 per person (military)
- $275 per person (civilian)
- $115 deposit due at sign up. No refunds.
Balance due after passing pre-test that night of the pre-course session, no exceptions.
Must register at the DFC Indoor Pool from January 20 - February 5.
- Tel: +1 (573)596-2810
- Military DSN Tel: (312)581-2810