Outdoor Adventure Center (OAC)
- Pro Shop
The pro shop offers a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor equipment available for purchase including:
- Firearms *
- Paintballs by the case or 500 rounds
- Ice, beverages and snacks
- Night crawlers
*OAC can order any firearms, archery and other sporting goods. We offer Beretta, Browning, Remington, CZ, Winchester, Smith and Wesson, Mossberg, Marlin, and many other brands.
We also maintain a Federal Firearms License so we can provide in-state gun shipping and receiving. A small fee is charged and a NICS Background Check is mandatory on all gun sales. Contact us for any further sports purchases.
- Rental Equipment Prices
OAC offers various camping and fishing equipment available for rent. For more information please contact us at +1 (573)596-4223.
Miscellaneous Equipment Day Rate Weekend Rate Super BBQ gas grill (tow behind) $75 $150 Charcoal BBQ grill (tow behind) $50 $125 Dunk tank (advance registration required) $50 N/A Small bounce room $100 with $50 deposit N/A Large bounce room with slide $125 with $50 deposit N/A Sporting Equipment Day Rate 3 Day Rate Weekly Rate Horseshoe set $5 $10 $20 Tug-of-war rope $10 $20 $25 Volleyball set $5 $10 $20 Cornhole $15 $25 $35 Boating & Fishing Equipment Day Rate 3 Day Rate Weekly Rate 14' river Jon boat with trailer $35 $65 $125 14' river Jon boat with trolling package without battery $50 $75 $125 15' canoe with life vest & 2 paddles $50 $100 $125 Canoe trailer (2 hauler) $25 $50 $75 Horse trailer $50 $75 $100
- If you need a battery with any Jon boat rental, there is a $100 deposit required on the day of rental and will be returned upon inspection.
Recreational Vehicles Day Rate Weekend Rate Weekly Scamper Trailer $75 $150 $200
- $75 cleaning deposit is required on the day of rental and will be returned upon inspection.
- Vehicle used to tow must have a 6,500 lb. tow capacity and electric brakes for towing installed.
- Canoe Trips
Canoe Trip Price 2 hour trip (2 people) $35 per canoe 4 hour trip (2 people) $45 per canoe Add additional people to trips $5 per person
There are no kayak trips, but we do have kayaks available for rent. No later than 12 p.m. for 4 hour float trip and no later than 2 p.m. for 2 hour float trip.
Boating Equipment Day Rate Weekend Rate Kayaks $50 $90 Canoes $50 $90 Other Equipment Day Rate Float Tubes
Float Tubes do not include transportation.
- Hunting & Fishing Area Sign-In
Recreational Hunting and Fishing users can view the hunting and fishing area's, sign-in, obtain hunting and fishing maps, read regulations, and more by visiting the Hunting and Fishing Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri website.
- Spring Turkey Season
- Fall Firearm Deer Season
- Fall Muzzleloader Season
- Fall (thru winter) Deer Archery Season
- Fall (thru winter) Turkey Archery Season
- Fall Firearm Turkey Season
- Water Fowl Season
Feral hog may be taken on FLW only incidentally, while deer hunting (FLW Reg 210-21)
- Trout Management Areas: open all year
- Trout Parks: March 1 - October 31
- Black Bass (impoundments): open all year
- Black Bass (streams, specified zone): May 24 - February 29
- Bullfrog & Green Frog Sunset: June 30 - October 31
Stop by Outdoor Adventure Center for more specific dates and regulations. Dates are subject to change.
- Fishing Permits
Missouri State Fishing Permits Price Resident fishing for the year (expires last day in February) $12 Non-resident fishing for the day $7 Non-resident fishing for the year $42 Trout permit $7 Fort Leonard Wood Sportsman Permits Price Ages 15 and under/65 and older, 60% disabled Free Ages 16-64 $15
Fishermen older than 7 are required to obtain the Fort Leonard Wood Sportsman's Permit. Sportsman permits must be renewed annually by February 28th.
To receive a Sportsman's Pass on Fort Leonard Wood, a state license is required.
FLW Permits can be purchased on the USAG FLW iSportsman Portal by clicking HERE.
- Trap & Skeet Range
Trap & Skeet Price Round (includes 25 birds & gun rental) $14 per round House Shells $8 per box Birds (includes 25 birds) $6 per round
12 and 20 Gage Browning, Remington and Beretta available for use.
- Archery Range
The Archery Rental fee is $10 per hour and includes a bow.
The Archery Range is free to use if patrons bring their own equipment.
NO broadheads or crossbows are allowed on OAC targets. Patrons wanting to use broadheads or crossbows may bring their own targets.
Paintball Price Package includes gun, mask, all day air, 500 paintball rounds & field fee $37 Party $30/each Bag of 500 paintballs $12 Case of 2,000 paintballs $48
- Weekends are first-come, first-serve.
- Reservations are recommended for groups of 8 or more players.
- Patrons with their own equipment must check in at the front desk and pay a $10 field fee (includes all day air refills).
- Velocity can not exceed 300 feet per minute.
- Outdoor Adventure Center paintballs are the only paintballs permitted on the field.
- Outdoor Park Reservations
Park reservations (no fee) are available daily for Colyer Park and Happy Hollow.
- Horse Stables
The Horse Stable facility provides boarding for privately-owned horses. It includes an inside exercise barn and outside riding arena.
Horse Stables Price Per month, per stall $125 Deposit per stall $150
- Patrons may request to build their own turnouts
- This is a self-care facility
- Every horse entering the OAC stables must complete a 10-day quarantine period
- Party Reservations
Book your next celebration here! OAC offers pavilons as well as all of the activites at their facility for birthdays, organizational, and unit parties.
Contact us today at +1 (573)596-4223 for more information and to book your party!
Hours of Operation
|Monday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||10 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
With over 60,000 acres available for hunting, including archery, firearms and muzzleloaders the Outdoor Adventure Center (OAC) is the hub for outdoor recreation at Fort Leonard Wood. You can fish in the Big Piney River plus numerous ponds and lakes located on Fort Leonard Wood. The Trout Management areas are open year round. All hunting and fishing state and local licenses and permits are available at OAC.