An official army family and MWR Site

Home-Based Business (HBB)

Are you operating a Home-Based Business (HBB) on Fort Leonard Wood? If the answer is YES, is your business REGISTERED with Garrison Command and Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (DFMWR)?

HBB owners need to obtain approval from the Garrison Commander through Directorate  Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation. Per Fort Leonard Wood Garrison Policy #32 Home Based Businesses (HBB) and Home Based Cottage Food Businesses (HBCFB) (DOWNLOAD); ALL HBBs are to be registered. Operating a HBB from your quarters without approval is in violation of policy.

Home-Based Businesses (HBBs) are an important contributor to Army Family quality of life. HBBs allow Families to work from their Army quarters, developing rewarding careers that follow them through PCS moves.

The wide span of HBBs operated by Army Families include but are NOT limited to:

  • Car repair/service

  • Hairdressing and hairstyling

  • Home baking and meal preparation

  • Pet grooming and pet sitting

  • Massage therapy

  • Multi-level sales activities

  • Retail sales from home

Home-Based Business approval is free, quick and easy!  Don’t delay. Get your Home Based Business registered by today.


Here’s the process:   

Step 1: Complete the HBB Application (DOWNLOAD).  If you need any additional documentation (like licensing or certifications) be sure to get those as well. If you have any questions ask Family and MWR at 573 596-0118.

Step 2: Complete the HBB Lease Addendum (DOWNLOAD) – if you need assistance or have questions reach out to your housing POC.

Step 3: Turn in the Application: Once you’ve completed your paperwork, submit the application to your Family and MWR, 13486 Replacement Ave, Bldg. 470, Suite 1104. Keep a copy of the completed application for your own records. You may also e-mail your HBB application and supporting documents to

Family & MWR will route to the Garrison for approval and notify you once approved.

NOTE: Not everyone who works from home operates an HBB though. The following activities and/or businesses are exempt from this HBB process:

  • On-post in home child care providers MUST adhere to CYS policies and procedures. To provide child care in your on-post home, you must register in the Family Child Care (FCC) provider system with the installation Child and Youth Services (CYS) office at 13486 Replacement Ave, Bldg. 470, Ste. 1125. More information can be found online at   

  • HBB owners working as consultants, freelance artists, teleworkers, or conducting business strictly online do not require HBB approval. 

  • Private organizations, units, schools, or family readiness groups conducting fundraising activities are not considered HBBs and follow other policies and procedures. 

If any of the three above mentioned business types/descriptions apply, you are not required to apply as a HBB. 

ALL others are required to be registered.

Thank you!

More Community Support


Overseas Orientation

May 31 8 am

Overseas Orientation

May 31 8 am

Multicultural Families

Jun 23 10 am

Bundles of Joy

Jul 11 2 pm - 4 pm