CYS Services Youth Sports & Fitness
- Youth Sports and Fitness
Sports and Fitness Programs provide team sports, individual sports, fitness and health programs and, programming at Child Development Centers, School Age and Youth Programs. Pre-registration is required for Sports and Fitness Programs. Children and youth that are currently registered in CYS can be enrolled in Sports and Fitness using WebTrac.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) has a website for evaluation of coaches. Parents have the opportunity to evaluate coaches on the NAYS website. Parents must have the coach member number to rate their coach. You can get this number from the CYS Sports and Fitness office.
A sports-specific physical must be completed annually, prior to the start of the sports season. The form must be completed with a doctor’s signature and stamp, then submitted to Parent Central Services during registration. Hint: The best time to get your child’s physical — if possible — is in July. This way, your child’s physical will be valid for all sports for one full year.
- CYS Volunteer
Parent volunteers are a very important resource for CYS. Registered children/youth benefit immensely from the knowledge and skill that volunteers provide to our programs. We're looking for enthusiastic people who want to help out, sharing their talents assisting and leading various activities such as reading to children, participating in field trips, making games, repairing toys, sewing with kids, etc.
Start by becoming a registered volunteer through Army Community Service's (ACS) Go-Volunteer to find out where your talents can be best used within CYS. By keeping track of your volunteer hours, you can qualify for Parent Participation Points.
- School Summer Sports Camps
Below are Youth Summer Sports Camps scheduled for Summer 2018. These camps are different than those offered through CYS Youth Sports & Fitness. The camps below are offered through the Waynesville Athletic Department.
Elementary School Summer Sports Camps - $25 per participant
- Boys and Girls Tennis (grades 1-6), June 4-7, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the High School
- Wrestling (grades 1-6), June 12 & 14, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the High School
- Track and Field (grades 3-6), June 19-21, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the High School
- Softball (grades 1-5), June 11-12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Softball Field
- Baseball (6th grade only), June 29-31, 5:30 p.m. to 7p.m. at the Baseball Field
- Boys and Girls Soccer, June 11-12, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the High School
- Football, May 30-June 1, 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the High School
Middle School Summer Sports Camps (grades 7-8) - $25 per participant
- Boys Basketball, June 25-28, 2:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the High School Gym
- Girls Basketball, June 4-7, 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the High School Gym
- Football, July 23-26, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Slaughter Field
- Cross Country, June 11-13, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the High School Track
- Baseball, May 29-31, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Baseball Field ($75 per participant)
- Boys and Girls Tennis, June 4-7, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the High School
- Softball (grades 6-7), June 18-20, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the High School Softball Field
- Track and Field, June 18-20, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the High School
- Volleyball, June 4-7, 2:15 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. at the High School
High School Summer Sports Camps/Schedules (grades 9-12)
- Football - Coach Haynes, [email protected]
- Boys Soccer - Coach Armstrong, [email protected]
- Girls Soccer - Coach Box, [email protected]
- Tennis - Coach Wilson, [email protected]
- Track and Field - Coach Rawlings, [email protected]
- Girls Basketball - Coach Matlock, [email protected]
- Boys Basketball - Coach Pilz, [email protected]
- Wrestling - Coach Smith, [email protected]
- Golf - Coach Dowell, [email protected]
- Swimming - Coach Earl, [email protected]
- Softball - Coach Maubach, [email protected]
- Cross Country - Coach Jarman, [email protected]
- Baseball - Coach Turner, [email protected]
- Volleyball - Coach Callis, [email protected]
Hours of Operation
|Monday||11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||11:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|